9.5.11

What a great week!!!




Hiiiii!!!!

What a week I had!! First I played a kickass show at the Make Out Room in San Francisco on Friday night with Mark and the dudes, and we had a blast even though the sound guy was one of those classic opinionated douchey douches who just really liked to tell everyone what gear of ours was up to his standards and what was not. Shaun spent a thousand bucks on cymbals a couple months ago, and the dude told Shaun he needed new cymbals. I think I saw a slight twitch and in my minds eye I saw a drumstick go flying into this guys outrageously poofy hair... but it was just my imagination :)

Then last night I played good old hemlock with my favorite sound guy. Oh my goodness- I knew one of the bands, Cowboy and Indian, you guys should really give them a peep- beautiful, beautiful old country music with electric guitars and string arrangements and just heartwarming soulful people who just love so openly. I was swaddled in joy. My set went seamlessly, which was not what I expected was going to happen, and I thought Dusty would be proud to know that his lovechild the electric guitar made its debut in front of a packed room- here's a photo that my friend Michael took. She sounded beautiful!

We pulled off "Oh, My Darling!" as a five piece, and when you guys hear it in a couple weeks I think you'll get why I was a little nervous about it, but it went great! So many awesome people came out and supported me, and I had a blast.

I've started making little promo cards that correspond with the flier of each gig, and I hand them out during the show, slip them places, tape them to walls- they just have a little hand painted something and the words "idea the artist." I leave the back blank to write notes to people etc... Here's a photo of the flier and its corresponding little cards, thought you guys might enjoy them :)

All in all this week was so bitchin, I played music every single day and while my back hurts like hell from carting PAs, pianos and guitars around all week, I feel like I'm really doing what I came here to do! And on top of it all, the new fleet foxes is AWESOME!

Miss you guys, can't wait to see you soon!

- Inésita!

No comments:

Post a Comment