16.8.11






Back in the real world again.

Here are some photos of a backyard BBq we had on sunday. It was a pretty splendid time, and some of the neighbors felt compelled to join us, even if it was just from the other side of the fence.

My friend Matt fell asleep on the porch, so of course I couldn't waste the opportunity to take a silly picture,

AND the blue tree has been revisited! Hanging out with my bandmate Taylor Jacobs has opened my eyes to some more stimulating composition ideas, and I think he's opened up a whole new door in art for me! I'm excited to get back to painting once I have a free moment.

This time since I've been home has been completely stolen by pleasant visits, birthday parties, backyard barbecues, and on top of that, rehearsals and more rehearsals. In preparation for our big opportunity to play Great American, Muralismo is getting together to evaluate all our tour recordings and make some serious adjustments. While the work is hard to sort through, it's really going to do wonders to make us sound more cohesive and professional, and I'm excited for the challenge. I'm going to be experimenting with some of Tristan's pedals to try and make my piano sound more interesting!

Lawlands, meanwhile, is now a six piece since we've been joined by our talented musician friend, Anthony Ferraro, (one of those cats who will play anything you put in front of him,) and we're singing four part harmonies, which sounds heavenly.

On the art front, I'm considering opening an etsy site for some of my art prints, such as this one. Not sure how to do it or what it would really accomplish for me, but it could be a whole lot of fun!

That's all for this week folks.

- i.

1 comment:

  1. How much? Seriously...that painting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete